Marchak 1960 Paris 18Kt Yellow Gold Linked Cufflinks With Afghani Blue Lapis Lazuli
Colorful pair of cufflinks designed by Marchak Paris.
A beautiful sleek pieces created by the house of Marchak in Paris France after the war, circa 1950's. This pair of geometric cufflinks was carefully crafted with 18 karats yellow gold twisted wires with two oval connectors.
The wires are holding four octagonal shaped pieces, carved from natural Afghani blue lapis lazuli. The lapis are gemstone quality with rich vivid blue color and exhibit remains of gold incrustations.
They have a total weight of 9.7 grams and a measures of 20 mm by 32 mm (1.26 inches) (0.79 inch).
Stamped, with French hallmarks; twice with the eagle's head for the guaranty and assay of the 18 kt gold and the maker's maitre cartouche Ste. M associated to Marchak Paris.
The House of Marchak, was founded by Joseph Abramovich Marchak, a young talented jeweler in 1878, in Kiev, then in Russia. Considered one of the great competitors of Faberge at the beginning of last century and sometimes called “The Cartier of Kiev”, the company employed 150 workers at the start of the Russian Revolution of 1917.
After the WWI they moved to France and as soon as he arrived in Paris, Alexander Marchak opened a jewelry shop on the Rue de la Paix, at number 4 right next to Place Vendome and the Hotel Ritz Paris, where a large number of wealthy foreigners had flocked, ever since its opening in 1898.
Collateral: They are accompanied by a presentation jewelry box.
Condition: The overall condition of this cufflinks is excellent. Beside the little normal wear, there is no damage to the gold. All the gemstones, are secured in the settings. This piece has been carefully inspected to guarantee the condition and authenticity.
INVENTORY REF: P0000TENU/.2331