-Gubelin 1970 Kurt Aepli 18Kt Gold Geometric Ring With 1.36 Cts In Diamonds Jasper & Bloodstone
Geometric ring designed by Kurt Aepli (1914-2002) for Gubelin.
An exceptional sculptural piece of art, created in Zurich Switzerland, by Aepli back in the 1970's. It was designed with a cushion shape, crafted in solid 18 karats of high polished yellow gold.
Mounted on top, with a pair of carved gemstones. two cabochons cushions cuts of natural reddish Jasper and Bloodstone.
Accented in the middle with 17 very fine, white color-less calibrated diamonds. all round brilliant cuts, with a combined weight of 1.36 carats, E/F color, VVS-1 clarity.
This piece is very bold and have a total weight of 19.92 grams and the actual size is 6.75, sizable.
The top view measures are 25.4 mm (1 inch) by 23 mm (0.90 inch) and raise 15 mm over the finger.
It is signed under the base, with the Gubelin maker's mark and stamped with the hallmarks, "Gubelin 18 kt .750 Swiss-made".
Kurt Aepli born in the 1914. he was a master swiss designer, teacher and a talented goldsmith. was the chief designer of the Zurich firm Meinrad Burch, between the 1942 until 1967 and them when Trudel Juwelier acquire the firm, he remains as the artistic director until 1980. He also made some design for others firms like Gubelin and Patek Philippe. Was an active professor at the Zurich applied art school between the 1945 until 1954.
The Gubelin house was founded in 1854 when Mauritz Breitschmid opened a watchmaker's shop on the Pfistergasse in Lucerne. a few years later, in 1861, Eduard Jakob Gübelin was born in eastern Switzerland. he subsequently moved to Lucerne and was apprenticed to the watchmaker Mauritz Breitschmid. The year 1886 marked a special occasion in the young watchmaker's life as Eduard Jakob Gübelin married bertha Sophia Breitschmid, the daughter of his old master. In the same year, the two men became business partners, managing the growing company together.
In the 1920s Gübelin opened its own jewelry atelier and at the same time set up a small gemological laboratory so that it could test – and be sure of the authenticity – of the stones its jewelers used. It also continued making and repairing fine watches for a discerning clientele, developing a reputation that soon reached throughout Europe and overseas.
Since 1854, the house of Gübelin has always been in the hands of the family and led by a family member throughout time the Gübelin family carefully nurtured its traditions. It kept the company’s core values alive and passed them on to the next generation which contributed to the success and growth of the swiss house.
Note: We are offering the pendant-brooch in suite in our other listings.
This exceptional ring is in perfect condition with gorgeous look.
INVENTORY REF: R0000ASNN/.4788