*Cartier 1970 Paris by Andre Vassort Jacques Cartier Twisted knots earrings in solid 18 kt yellow gold
Exceptional pair of earrings designed by Cartier.
A terrific vintage and oversized bold pieces made in Paris, France by the house of Cartier back in the 1970's. They was conceived as a mirrored pair and carefully crafted at the Andre Vassort atelier, with a intricate knots patterns in solid yellow gold of 18 karats. They are suited, with post (Removable) for pierced ears and comfortable French omega backs for fastening clips.
They have a total weight of 38.5 grams and a measures of 36 mm by 30 mm (1.41 x 1.18 Inches).
Both are stamped, with multiples French and British hallmarks; the eagle's head for the assay and guaranty of the 18 kt gold, the French Minerva portrait mark for the export outside France, the maker's mark cartouche AV for the atelier of Andre Vassort, the London import mark S for the year 1973 the importer mark JC for Jacques Cartier, the five digits serial numbers and signed in full, "J.C. CARTIER MADE IN FRANCE 18 KT .750 SGDG 05703".
Jean-Jacques Cartier, born in France in 1883. His father was Jacques Cartier, the youngest of the three Cartier brothers, who had built the firm into a highly respected global brand during the 1920s and 1930s. After spending his early years in New York, J.J Cartier moved to Dorking, Surrey, in 1925, when his father Jacques Cartier took over the management of Cartier branch in London. He attended Le Rosey school in Switzerland from 1929 to 1937 and started his career at Cartier with an apprenticeship in the Paris branch, studying design under Charles Jacqueau, Cartier's top designer. An artist at heart, JJ later chose to spend the majority of his time at Cartier London choosing stones and designing pieces rather than meeting clients. he ran the London branch of the Cartier luxury goods firm from 1945 until his dead in 1974.
Note: The J.C. (Jean-Jacques Cartier) mark, was the identification initials until 1974 for the brand of Cartier in London, located at the number 175 in New Bond Street.
Note: The Mo. Andre Vassort atelier, was located in Paris 2, 34 rue Sainte Anne. He collaborate very closely with Cartier, Boucheron and VCA between the 1950’s and 1980’s, the workshop operations was ceased in the 1990's.
Note: The maker’s cartouche AV, is associated to the 1960's mark for the atelier of the master jeweler, maitre Andre Vassort.
An historical pieces in perfect condition, with gorgeous eye appeal and are accompanied by the designer's jewelry box.
INVENTORY REF: E0000TNRE/.9254